Thursday 18 March 2010

Something to look forward to...

It has been nine days since my last post. I can't believe I left it so long and a lot has happened since I last posted.

It is now only 19 days until the legislative changes allowing the ICO to up their game and is given real teeth. I have been very busy speaking to various organisations about information assurance and compliance for the new legislation and as it is the same info it is getting a bit samey.

On that note, I notice that Argos has managed to escape falling foul of the changes because the security flaw with their payment confirmation emails is now in the public domain. Even though they have exposed client personal financial data that could have serious implications to the various clients they cannot be fined retrospectively. Mind you I would imagine the PCI is not too happy about them exposing not only client credit card details but also the CVV as well so I would imagine there will be discomfort coming their way.

I am looking forward to April where I will be attending the Counter Terror Expo and also InfoSec. I have never been to the counter terror expo but some of the presentations caught my eye as there are a lot of parallels with some of the work I do. It should be an interesting expo. I am also looking forward to InfoSec, I enjoy attending this and it is an opportunity to meet up with some familiar faces. I am meeting up with at least two ex colleagues which should be a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment